Official Rules and Regulations
Great Manitoba Duck Race
In support of Assiniboine Park Conservancy
- All rules and regulations of the Manitoba Gaming Commission pertaining to the holding of raffles will be adhered to by APC.
- One duck represents one ticket, up to a maximum of 30,000 tickets will be sold.
- Ducks will be launched into the Assiniboine River on Saturday September 7, 2013 at 1pm. The race course will begin west of the footbridge from Portage Ave into Assiniboine Park and end just east of the footbridge.
- All ducks entered will be provided by APC and shall remain in the possession of APC.
- Once the ducks are launched they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by APC. The race course will close when the appropriate number of ducks have been collected. (see paragraph 7)
- Each duck will have a number relating to a number on an entry ticket. Prizes will be awarded to ticket purchasers whose corresponding ducks cross the finish line in order from 1 to 13, first prize will be awarded to the first duck, second prize to the second duck and so on. Additional ducks will be pulled and the entrants will be recorded, in the event any ticket winner cannot be reached that prize will be awarded to the next eligible winner in order. Winners will be announced on site immediately following the race.
- In the event conditions prevent an actual race of rubber ducks, prizes will be awarded by a random drawing of entry tickets. The announcement of prize winners and the random drawing if necessary will be held in Assiniboine Park, at 55 Pavilion Crescent at 3:00pm on Saturday September 7th, 2013. A list of prizes may be obtained by written request to APC.
- Each order form must be filled out completely enough for the entrant to be identified and contacted. The order form must be completed and delivered to APC or one of its representatives no later than midnight, September 4, 2013 to be eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries to APC or an authorized representative of APC.
- Post dated cheques will not be accepted.
- Refunds on ticket purchases are not available.
- You must be 18 years old or older to participate. Board members and employees of APC as well as members of their households are ineligible to participate. Winners must prove eligibility.
- Winners will be announced on site following the completion of the race on race day. The entrants will, where necessary also be notified by telephone. Entrants need not be present to win. Winners will be posted on APC’s website on Monday September 9, 2013. A list of race winners can be obtained from APC by sending a written request to APC.
- Any registration fees, or other costs associated with prizes (such as insurance for Jeep and Vespas or additional surcharges for changes to trip) of prizes is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without compensation.
- Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- The GMDR and its logos are the property of APC and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the express written consent of APC.
- Race characters and likenesses are the property of Great American Duck Races ® , Inc d/b/a Great American Merchandise and Events (“GAME”) and are used with permission.
- A copy of these rules and regulations are available from APC and on the GMDR website.
- All currency will be calculated in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using manitobaduckrace.com (“the Site”) operated by Assiniboine Park Conservancy Inc (“us”, “we”, or “our”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Site at manitobaduckrace.com
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Assiniboine Park Conservancy and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by Assiniboine Park Conservancy.
This Agreement (and any futher rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
Published and generated with permission from TermsFeed.com